Former Chapter President Gary Holisko's Parting Letter
Key accomplishments include:
- A continued budget surplus
- Growing membership! We currently have about 115 members
- We received all of our incentives for financial management and membership from HQ
- We have consistently offered a wide selection of courses to members
- We have provided educational and fun Lunch’n Learn opportunities at locations around the Lower Mainland
- We updated our Bylaws for first time since this chapter was established in 1965
I also want members to think about the type of organization they want. This organization has not been run top-down. We sought your input. Any organization cannot succeed unless it has both the input and the support of you, the members. So do not hesitate to contact members of the Executive if you have questions, concerns or better yet, accolades and commendations! We all appreciate a pat on the back once in a while.
We also must be mindful that this is an “International” association which has paid staff to help us and guide us when necessary. Staff have traditionally been based out of the Head office in Gardena, California. Just last year, we hired Jamie Matthews, Manager for Field Operations, Canada. Jamie although based in Ottawa serves Members across the country. Her enthusiasm is infectious, and we are fortunate to have her onboard! You can reach her by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (613) 809-4070
Finally, I want to thank executive members whom I have worked with over the last few years to make our organization stronger. Thanks, and all the best to the new Executive moving forward.